Death and Taxes
In this 2D, narrative-based game, you assume the role of the Grim Reaper... on an office job.
Your job is to decide which people are going to live or die. The consequences of your choices are yours to bear, while the mystery of your incarnation awaits revelation!
Death and Taxes is a game in the vein of great narrative-based indie titles, such as "Papers, Please", "Reigns", "Beholder" and "Animal Inspector", to name a few. Your choices will affect the world around you, and it's up to you as Grim Reaper of Cosmopolis City to keep the chaos away. Meet mysterious office ghosts, foil plots to destroy the world and rise through the ranks of Reapers all the way up to middle-management, if you dare!
Meet your Fate.
Coming February 2020. Try out our demo now!
Wishlist us on Steam!
Join us on Discord!
Follow us on Twitter:
Laugh at and share our memes on Facebook:
We also have a website!
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Genre||Simulation, Visual Novel|
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, Dark Humor, death, Meaningful Choices, Narrative, Story Rich, watercolor, weird|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Homepage, Community, Steam|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- DevLog 19: Making a Trailer for a Non-Action Game6 days ago
- First Gameplay Teaser Trailer Released!10 days ago
- DevLog 18: Retro Style and Symbolism in Game Art13 days ago
- DevLog 17: Happy New Year!17 days ago
- DevLog 16: Happy Holidays!27 days ago
- DevLog 15: Writing (THE GRIND)34 days ago
- DevLog 14: How to name your Indie Game41 days ago
- DevLog 13: Elevate Me48 days ago