Death and Taxes
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In this 2D, narrative-based game, you assume the role of the Grim Reaper... on an office job.
Your job is to decide which people are going to live or die. The consequences of your choices are yours to bear, while the mystery of your incarnation awaits revelation!
Death and Taxes is a game in the vein of great narrative-based indie titles, such as "Papers, Please", "Reigns", "Beholder" and "Animal Inspector", to name a few. Your choices will affect the world around you, and it's up to you as Grim Reaper of Cosmopolis City to keep the chaos away. Meet mysterious office ghosts, foil plots to destroy the world and rise through the ranks of Reapers all the way up to middle-management, if you dare!
Meet your Fate.
We are released! Try out our demo as well!
Wishlist us on Steam!
Join us on Discord!
Follow us on Twitter:
Laugh at and share our memes on Facebook:
We also have a website!
|Updated||13 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||40 days ago|
|Genre||Simulation, Visual Novel|
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, Dark Humor, death, Meaningful Choices, Narrative, Story Rich, watercolor, weird|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Homepage, Community, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- DevLog 26: Going Open Source!13 days ago
- Hotfix for v1.1.733 days ago
- DevLog 25: The First Week34 days ago
- Death and Taxes RELEASE!40 days ago
- DevLog 24: My Personal Dream Is Coming True: Death and Taxes Release!!41 days ago
- DevLog 23: Price Announcement and Demo Update48 days ago
- DevLog 22: i have no idea what im doing (TWO WEEKS TILL RELEASE)54 days ago
- DevLog 21: Mortimer, the Shopkeeper62 days ago